How to connect copper to PVC?

you owe me a keyboard. I just spewed coke all over it LMAO...

Reply to
Steve Barker

A bungie should work fine for your belt, just remove the metal hooks on the end and duct tape the ends together. Of course you need the proper length bungie. You can measure that by taking a tail hair off one of you your cattle or horses. or using a piece of balin twine as a measurin device. If you aint got none of them things, but are lucky enough to still have a dollar bill in your wallet in this poor economy, all dollar bills are 6 inches long. Then measure to the closest letter or number on the bill if it's an uneven divider of six. Then you get a bungie thats a little shorter.

Reply to
jw

PVC is sized by ID (inside diameter) CPVC is sized by OD (outside diameter)

Reply to
Congoleum Breckenridge

Ha ha! Funny thing was, a replacement belt was six bucks (inc. shipping), and I found five in change kicking around inside the machine, so it's sort of like having a warranty. ;)

Humor aside, I think an emergency duct-tape belt might actually be possible, but only if made entirely from the stuff; a taped-together belt tends to bend around the join when it passes by the [tiny] motor pulley, which then loses traction and chews away at the tape. A belt made entirely from tape wouldn't have any weak spots (but the stretch might simply be too great for the tensioner to handle anyway).

Re. pantyhose, I've only ever heard that as an emergency car fan belt replacement; I do remember someone trying it (back when I was maybe 6 years old) but don't recall if it actually worked. I expect it stretches too much to be really effective, but I suppose having the fan turning a bit would be better than nothing and could get you home (possibly with several cool-down stops).

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson