[SOLVED] How to clean outside of white aluminum gutters

replying to Ray K, Tony Bailey wrote: Dollar general sells some stuff called Totally Awesome works great on gutters just don?t leave on there to long

Reply to
Tony Bailey

I get it at Dollar Tree. I use it in the bathrooms and cleaning the stove after frying greasy stuff. It is my major cleaner around here.

Look for yellow stuff in a bottle Really good for a buck.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to Ray K, Dusty wrote: No chemicals needed. Wet a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and wipe it off.

Reply to
Dusty

replying to Ray K, amsstrand wrote: I had great luck with Goo Gone, BUT be careful not to remove the paint and to wash it off with soap and water and rinse well. Pretty sure one shouldn't use Goo Gone on gutters but man it works fast. I used the spray, about $4 at Walmart for a 12 oz. bottle. I did notice the cloth I used had some paint oxidation on it. Gutters are about 15 years old and a mess, except for the one I test cleaned. Now to get more Goo Gone! Hope this helps.

Reply to
amsstrand

I just did mine with Mr Clean, worked well.

In the past I've used a power washer with just water. Also works.

Honestly, I've never owned or used Goo Gone. Their web site says it's okay on paint, but it stains non-finished aluminum.

Reply to
Dan Espen