How to best wash a large deck?

Is it best to do this after a day of rain, when all the dirt might be loose, or is that asking for trouble with the wood being too soft?

(I've acquired a 13 HPDewalt pressure washer and am about to embark on cleaning my (cedar) deck, which is 70' wide and about 12' deep. I was planning to spray it down with deck cleaner I got at the big stores, and then pressure wash it on wide angle.)

If anyone has any other recomendation or help, please let me know.

Thanks!

DeanB

Reply to
dean