How much to pay for labor for 2 hours to move something down some stairs?

at least it's sane advice.

Don't bring anybody into your house. Buy 400ft of rope, a come along, 4 sets of pulley blocks and an appliance cart. Knock yourself out.

OR,

Build an elaborate web of block and tackle. Tell your wife you can probably do it yourself and she will undoubtedly call her pool-boy boyfriend and he'll bring 4 or 5 friends and you might not have to do anything.

Tom in KY, I've already got 400ft of rope, a come-along, 5 or 6 sets of pulley blocks and an appliance cart. I wonder if my wife has a pool-boy boyfriend who would help me to run myself over with the appliance cart?

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

He doesn't need to do all that. It's not at the bottom, it's at the TOP of the stairs. All he has to do is give it a little shove, and down it goes.

Reply to
Bob

I don't think you have done enough planning. At least it doesn't show in your post. Just HOW are you going to move it? 2 guys are not going to move a load like that without mechanical assistance of some type. I helped a neighbor move a computer printing press (big mother that just fit through the door) into his basement. It took 3 of us, a come-along, ramp built of 2x stock and a heavy duty rolling platform to get it in there and in place. I don't think it weighed 400 pounds but probably didn't miss by much.

If you do hire someone, pay about double your states minimum wage and be SURE your home owners insurance is payed up and will cover the job.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K