How many Amps for a Dual Electric Oven?

I'm looking into a Jenair Dual Fuel/Dual Oven Range (JDR8895A). Though when we ran the Electrical we just figured on a regular oven and used a #10 and a 30Amp Breaker.

I've tried asking Jenair/Maytag Customer Service how many amps it draws and they said it would work if I had 120/240v 50Hz. Even though the Web Form I filled out said I was in the US.

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

contact the place where you are purchasing the oven from and get the amperage

Reply to
RBM

Or you could probably look it up on-line at the manufacturer's web site.

Why did you install #10 and a 30 amp breaker, this is used for a dryer? Regular ovens need #8 cable and 40 amp breakers, my double oven (an older JenAir that we just removed) used a #8 cable and a 50 amp breaker. You really need accurate information and not a guess. Your enquiry was probably answered by an Indian Call Center and don't know anything about electrical requirements.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

Took me 5 minutes to check it out ----- 120/240 volts, 40 amps. That will require a #8 cable.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

I did find this

It states the following

This range requires a single phase three wire 120/240 or 120/208 volt,

60Hz AC circuit.

They have a lot more information in that pdf, I just didn't find a specific line that states, 20A, 30A, 40A or anything like that. I didn't look through the entire thing though.

Reply to
sparty

These companies seem to use bots that can't read very well. I've often asked questions and gotten unrelated replies before. Last time was with a major satellite TV company.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Was that for the Pigtail Cable requirements? I did find that. They there was nothing in the Manual for the unit that Spec'd 40 Amps for the unit itself.

Where did you get your info?

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Yeah, I found that. Pretty much what the Call Center person said, though they said 50 Hz, though it could have been a Typo.

Reply to
Scott Townsend

They finally came back and said that 30Amps is fine.

Now to trust the answer?

Reply to
Scott Townsend