How long to "book" York wallpapers

The instructions for my York Prepasted Wallpaper do not say how long to Book the paper before applying to the wall. Several Youtube videos say to Book for 5 - 10 minutes, York says nothing on the paper instuctions that come with the wallpaper. Help!

Reply to
hrhofmann

From my limited experience, 5 to 10 is about right. I've not done papering for years now. Don't miss doing it either.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yep. Five - ten minutes is fine. My former GF wallpapered the kitchen 25 years ago.It's still holding up pretty well. It was on new (primed) drywall.

Reply to
philo

Thanks for the advice. The small bathroom I'm papering is about 3/4 done, I booked for only 3 minutes and it seems to be working out ok, I also sent a message to York and pointed out the problem with their instructions. I' ll post here when I get a response (hopefully they do give a damn about the ir customers).

Reply to
hrhofmann

It can be variable depending upon the hardness of the water. I, and most of the other contractors I know, use a pre-mixed pre-paste adhesive applied with a 7" roller instead of wetting the paper. FWIW YMMV

Reply to
BonnettDecorating