How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

Not sure who the "they" is. I just looked at the tag on the Breville electric kettle sitting here. It says 1500W, right next to the UL listing. Would I prefer that our homes used 240V instead of 120V so some small number of appliances like this could benefit? Sure, but I don't think that's going to happen.

And it gets there much faster with half in the electric kettle, which adds another 1.5KW to the process.

Reply to
trader_4

Green beans cooked for several hours? What's left? Gray/Brown mush?

I still prefer fresh when I can get them. The best

Reply to
trader_4

Assuming this is not patented or something, why has no company put it into their domestic oven? Panasonic could make a fortune. Evenly heated right through to the middle! Excellent selling point.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

"They" are NEMA, NFPA and the labs. U/L (or any NRTL) does not certify that the labeling is correct not even that it performs as advertised, only that flame won't escape if it burns up. They also insure a cord and plug connected piece of equipment will not exceed 80% of the rating of the plug. 120x15x.8= 1440 The biggest liars are the ones who label hair dryers.

I am not in that big a hurry to boil the water. I have usually been cooking the sauce for hours. An extra couple of minutes doesn't change much.

Reply to
gfretwell

Good old greasy green beans that taste great as they clog your arteries. It is a southern thing I guess. They are not boiling for hours, just a slow simmer.

Reply to
gfretwell

If I can find my Kill-a-Watt, I'll measure it and see the actual.

First you bring up that my electric kettle is no good because the EU ones are 2KW so they heat faster, now you say that you're in no hurry to boil water. Go figure.

Reply to
trader_4

We were talking about tea kettles. You went off into the weeds about boiling pasta.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 10:54:59 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us to digest...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa good one! He certainly shovels it here...

Reply to
Tekkie©