How do touch lamps and touch faucets work?

I know I can look it up. Interesting topic for me.

Reply to
Thomas

There are solid state devices that are sensitive enough to pick up stray electriciy . That is if you are anywhere near an electrical wire your body is picking up a very small ammount of electricity. When you touch a device , it picks up this electricity. Think of it as all the radio and TV signals in the air.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Could I install in a cabin wo electricity?

Reply to
Thomas

Faucet can probably work with a battery. Lamp won't get very bright with no electricity though.

My faucet has a handle that is easily bumped with your arm if you hands are dirty. Seems silly to need the touch feature.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There are a number of variations.

Scott Lurndal

On one of the home remodeling shows lately, they were jokingly saying that touch faucets are so last year. The new thing is voice activated smart faucets that understand 200 commands out of the box and you can add more if needed.

I wanted to be impressed, but it's a tough sell. About the best feature, IMHO, was that the faucet can text you to let you know the kids have left it running. It also keeps track of your normal water usage so that it can alert you if your usage is suddenly out of the normal range.

For me, it's mostly a solution in search of a problem.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Actually they sense the change in capacitance.

Reply to
rbowman

+1
Reply to