How Clean Is Condensate Water?

I'd like to help, but I'm busy trying to get the Bush Administration to abandon Iraq.

Reply to
Tom Terrific

?????

Actually, they remove biological waste as well as solids. All those dissolved nutrients that end up killing things. Solids removal is only a tiny fraction of the pollutants they remove, usually done in a small-ish tank or filter at the head of the plant, right where the main line comes in.

pH neutralization is part of the process.

Ask for the DMRs; they're available under the FOIA. (And if you don't know what a DMR is, educate yourself on the regulatory process for WWTPs.)

Reply to
CptDondo

I respectfully disagree. A modern plant, operating properly at current EPA minimums does a *LOT* more than simply remove solids.

As the OP said, they are (more or less) neutralized.

This is called "effluent".

I had the job of installing a phone line at our local wastewater treatment plant. The engineer was a friend and gave me the GRAND tour. He was quite proud of the operation and deservedly so.

Properly treated effluent, he claimed, was "almost drinkable". He explained further that he had never tried it. Still, it is almost clear and *NOTHING* like what "comes in the front door". Very impressive.

While at the plant, but outside, I had to "relieve myself" and asked if there was a toilet. He asked if my need was a "stand up proposition" (#1). It was. He pointed to a door at the top of a long, metal stair case. He told me to descend the stairs and "let 'er go". I did - directly into the incoming (raw) flow. VERY awesome.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Hmmmm... That begs the question of what OTHER shortcuts he took.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs