How can I bring back shine to Stainless Steel Sink?

My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any miracle product that works? Thanks.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky

Before you try the industrial strength pipe-eating chemicals, try making a paste with some baking soda, dish soap, and a little water. Scrub with a brush. Rinse & repeat if needed.

Reply to
yellowbirddog

Some people swear by Barkeepers Friend. I use just plain old Comet cleanser. It will never shine like brand new, but you can get close.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Where on earth do you find plain old comet cleanser? I've found their website, but it's apparently not sold here anymore (Connecticut).

Reed his first,

Polish in the direction of the grain only. Look close. It's probably left-right as your facing the sink.

-zero

Reply to
zero

Barkeepers Friend is amazing, does wonders for SS and copper. Never tried to polish a scratched sink before but it makes the pots & pans shiny.

Reply to
RayV

I assume (yea, I know) that you have a brush finished sink. This finish is accomplished with these:

Get a green and a purple. The green will probably give you the finish you want.

______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Sure is, I'm in Putnam. Wal Mart, Stop & Shop, Price Chopper, Hannaford's, BJ's, just to name a few. I just bought a half dozen cans for work yesterday.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Once you get the sink thoroughly clean with one of the previous suggestions, try polishing it with vegetable oil (plain old corn oil or whatever). I have older SS sinks, and that makes them shine more than any of the MANY other things I've tried.

Jo Ann

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jah213

Comet, it makes your teeth turn green. Comet, it tastes like gasoline, ...

Reply to
Goedjn

Goedjn wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Who puts that stuff in their MOUTH? It AINT toothpaste. ;-}

BTW,The oxalic acid in Barkeeper's Friend helps with stains.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

So, can you use Barkeeper's Friend in your mouth?

Reply to
HeyBub

Hardware stores carry a tin can of polishing wadding called "Never-Dull". It will do a very good job on your sink.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Reply to
psmith

Try it, and let us know!

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

A garage or metal workshop will find one of those waterless hand cleaner pastes. It has a powerful but non corrosive non toxic solvent plus a mild abrasive in powdered pumice. I find it excellent for cleaning bath tiles, the bath, cultured marble sinks and the kitchen sink plus a lot else. This includes restoring grungy plastic items. You don't even require gloves .

Reply to
PaPaPeng