How amny cars have you owned and TCO?

I can take an orphan out of Kenya and have the entire USA looking for work in 18 months.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, how silly of me.

Reply to
Tony

I went the opposite way...

1970 - '70 AMC Gremlin - *the* most appropriately named car in history. What a pile of *Junk*. 1974 - '74 Ford Rustang-II - (traded in the Gramlin with 35K miles (got $500 against the Rustang). It had 75K on it when it was totaled, but very badly rusted. Wouldn't have lasted long. 1978 - '78 Ford Granada ESS - (delivered the morning after I totaled the Rustang - coincidence, honest). Gave it away to someone who needed a car to get to work in '91 w/140K on it. 1985 - '85 Plymouth Voyager LE - Got rid of it after its 4th head gasket (100K miles) in '92 1990 - '90 Plymouth Voyager LE - Got hit 5 months after I got it - 13.5K damage. Damaged side completely rusted out on the kid in '98. He'd been hit a couple of times and insurance had paid several times its worth. 1992 - '92 Chevy Beretta - Gave it to the kid in '98. Sold to "wholesale" in '03 (bought the kid a 2002 Taurus). 1995 - '93 Eagle Vision TSi - Junked in '2002 (transmission died) ~95K miles 1998 - '96 Chrysler Intrepid - Sold at auction in '03 (transmission "issues"). 75K miles 2001 - '01 Ford Ranger - will drive the wheels off it (currently 83K miles) 2003 - '00 Mercury Sable LS - will replace in 2012 (SWMBO wants a Mustang Convertible, now that we live where such things are "reasonable"). currently 93K miles
Reply to
keith

What is TCO? I know that TKO is "To keep open".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Total Cost of Ownership. TCO

TKO Technical Knock Out from boxing

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

TYVM / HAGD.

I think that's a vegetable non-food that is popular with survivalists. And the other is Scottish potato meal. Not totally sure what they mean. I don't speak letters.

Thank you very much; have a good day.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

TV show Emergency. Dr. Brackett at the hospital. "Fifty one, start an IV, D5W, Technical Knock Out. We can't just be bringing in patients. We need all the revenue we can get."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon