House Expansion Project Advice

Hi! We're about to expand our house, a 24 x 48 rectangle, by adding on a 1,374 SF 2-story floorplan we found which is also a rectangular shape

- should be easy to build (no complicated rooflines, bumpouts, etc). What I'm looking for is perhaps a website that takes you through the process and each step one by one, from obtaining the permit to the final inspection. Does anyone know of a site like this? If not, I'm sure there are books on the topic. What titles should I look for?

Reply to
Katrina

Are you serious?

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Reply to
Katrina

Have a designer look at your plans. Two large rectangles boxes slammed together will look like a firehall. Good design has character and bumpouts. Trust me, I just added a 25x32 two floor addition to our house. I had the same plan going it. Easy rooflines, and a basic box. Turns out that didn't look too good, and we eneded up spending a lot of time re-framing. Now we're adding dormers, bump outs, etc to break up the Firehall look. It looks awesome now though.

I found a designer onine that can draw up your plans into a 3d Software and do all of the tweaking and adjusting before you start swinging hammers. She does great work. Well worth an email or call to her. She is great, and doesn't cost nearly as much as you would think. She would have saved me a ton of time had I found her earlier.

Her site is

Tell her that Jason recommended you.

Katr> Hi! We're about to expand our house, a 24 x 48 rectangle, by adding on

Reply to
jaymay75

Hmmm, Can't trust brothers? They should have needed knowledge or connections to carry out the project.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks for the link. In our floorplan, there are two terraces on the

2nd level, so it's not like > Have a designer look at your plans. Two large rectangles boxes slammed
Reply to
Katrina

Reply to
Katrina