Hot water stem valve

Hello,

About 3 months ago I replaced the stem valves in the taps of my tub. I put vasaline on the threads of the stem and on the threads of the seating component (the part the stem goes into).

What I have noticed is that when opening the hot water tap, it takes a few more turns before the water starts to come out of the tap. Until it starts to pure, I hear gurgling. I use the cold water tap for comparison. This is the same with shutting the water off - it requires more turns to full stop the water.

I took the jacket off the taps and it appears the hot water stem goes into the seating more than the cold water stem?

The stem valves were bought at the same time and are the correct parts. They are Waltec compatible, I think the stem valves were manufactured by Meon.

I'm not sure what could be causing this? Is this really something I should be giving a second thought?

Thanks

Reply to
Chris

Replying to my own post here. The hot water tap began to act up even more this morning. After being opened, the water would stop flowing. Also, there was a knocking sound in the wall. I believe that when there is a knocking sound, it means that there is air in the pipes? So, I took the tap apart and it appears the black, rubber stopper at the end had shifted a little. The side of the stopper was being shaved by the brass seating. I repositioned the stopper and it appears to be fixed now.

Reply to
Chris