Hot water Piping

Can I run pvc piping out of a hot water heater to a sink or does it have to be copper ??

Thanks, Ray

Reply to
Ray

Not a plumber BUT I've used PVC in the past and haven't had any problems with it. I prefer to stay with copper just because the elbows and T's are more expensive in PVC and the difference can add up quick, plus more adapters seem to be made for use with copper.

Reply to
R Doornbosch

Most local codes require a certain distance from the WH to be copper.

Reply to
HeatMan

You must "CPVC" on the Hot side. Do not connect directly to the heater nipples; put a short length of copper between heater and CPVC. Use a male adapter on the CPVC (the female adapters tend to split).

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

CPVC has approval for hot water lines per local building codes in many areas. It cements as readily as PVC so no new techniques are needed. Whether direct connection is permitted to the heater is probably governed by your building codes, so check it out. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

If I were going to use a short piece here I would use a stainless steel braided flex lines between the water heater and the CPVC.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

Thanks to all for your input.. Ray

Ray