Hot Water Pilot Light, Being Blown Out

Is there an exhaust vent accessory item, that I can install on my natural gas Hot Water heater? Several times a year, the local winds will extinguish our HW pilot.

I sure would prefer to have an in-line or at the vent exhaust cap, an "item" that will prevent those Down Drafts (that blows out the pilot light).

Does such an item exist?

Reply to
joe

Yes, you want a flue cap. Many kinds available for any type of flue.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

...and remember, you don't have to heat *hot* water...

Reply to
bob_villa

Sorry to take a sideways run with this response, but...

My WH is in its own little closet, and the pilot would occasionally blow out when winds were strong. I noticed a large gap at the bottom of the closet door, and cut a piece of wood to make a "jam" to block off most of the gap. That was 20 years ago, and the pilot hasn't blown out since.

Reply to
croy

Hope it gets make up air for the combustion, some how.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon