Hot Tub w/Milky Water?

Hey everyone.. I looked around and couldn't find any definite answer to this problem..

I have a smaller 5 person Hot Tub on my lower deck.. Wonderfull little unit, perfect for me and the wife.

I maintain the water to the n'th degree (I use Bromine, not Chlorine, in case it matters), and my ballances are always good...no issues there. While idle, or in low-speed heating mode, my water is crystal clear.

I don't overload on chemicals, or skimp - only what's needed, as needed.

However, whenever I kick on the highspeed jets, my water goes completely milky white...

For the first few weeks after a water change (every 3 months), this doesn't happen - I can run the jets with full aeration, and the water remains clear enough even through the bubbles to see your feet on the bottom of the tub..

However, this happens within a month or a month and a half of every fresh water fill...

It doesn't appear to be any sort of particulate issues, as within 3 to

5 minutes of turning the jets off, the water clears completely again, back to crystal clear - no residue, nothing..

Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone offer a resolution?

It really doesn't effect the functionality or enjoyment of the tub at all, and my water balances are never an issue regardless, but it's more of an appearance issue....whenever we do have friends over who want to use the tub, I find that I try to keep the highspeed jets off as much as possible, as the white murky water after the fact is a little less then attractive, if not harmless...

Respond here, or email... pepper99@*NOSPAM*.gmail.com

Remove the obvious spam-bait on above email addy..

Thanks! Mark

Reply to
Mark Morissette

Bubbles?

Reply to
Bell

Small amounts of soap, cosmetics, or body lotions from your hair and skin.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

Sounds like mineral deposits. I have hot tub and was adding a lot of water for a couple of months due to a small leak. When adding water, you are adding minerals which start to suspend due to warm to hot water temperature. Just add scale remover (for spas and hot tubs) from your local pool supply store and follow directions. Should clear it up.

Reply to
cjerickson5