Hot Tub Motor Rating for Amperage

When I was designing my spa they told me you need 1/3 to 1/2 HP per jet if you really want a therapy tub. Of course if you are just looking for swirling water (like most spas) you get by on a lot less.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes, re-marking a #10 wire (green tape or bare) is a code violation (250.119).

Where could you get 10/3 romex without ground in the last 20? years. Is there a ground wire, with the red wire used as a second ground wire?

Inspectors can make reasonable accommodations in applying the code. If the romex had no ground, stripping or taping could be reasonable. Or reasonable given what is there now. (If stripped carefully at installation you wouldn't see any red insulation). Using a red wire for ground is not reasonable.

Reply to
bud--