Hoover WindtunnelMach 21. vacuum problems

I have a Hoover Windtunnel Mach 2.1 Vacuum. The vacuum will run about 5

minutes and then quit! If I let it sit for say 30 minutes it will run again for 5 minutes. I expect that it has some type of internal heat protector that shuts it off. I have checked all the filters and they are old but look reasonably clean. Anyone know how to fix this? It's not worth taking to a repair shop.

thx.

II

Reply to
countinsheep

Oh pshaw, on Sun 04 Jun 2006 03:39:31p, meant to say...

We had one, too, with the same problem. Repair shop said ther ewas nothing wrong with it. We ditched it and bought a Bissell "bag type". No more problems.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Hi, Motor is being overloaded. I'd check there is no pbstruction in the air passage. When it works, does it suck well?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Figures....thanks for the reply.

II