Hoover vacuum

I have an upright hoover vacuum U4537910 that I need to replace the cord on. Anyone know the easiest way to get to the motor of it to rewire a new cord? Could I splice a new piece of cord to it where the old cord is still in good repair? Patt

Reply to
Patt

I wouldnt splice it ever, cords get pulled on too much and that might be a hazard.

Whats the models name? If it were a ELITE I can talk endlessely about this model. we have a few and I buy them at flea markets and such to canibalize for parts. I started doing this after paying 35 bucks for a power cord:( NOW buy entire maching for under 10 and have lots of pieces:)

Reply to
hallerb

Hoover Legacy 740, model # U4537910 Patt

Reply to
Patt