Honeywell thermostat information needed

In Menards yesterday I saw a Honeywell RTH7500D thermostat that looks as though it might meet our needs. I wanted to compare its specs. with other modes, but I can't find it on the Honeywell Web site.

Does anybody have any information on this?

This is a 7-day thermostat. They also had the RTH7400D, a 5+1+1 model, but this doesn't show up on the Web site either.

I see some for sale on eBay. This wouldn't this be a superseded model, would it? Menards has only just started carrying them.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Bert Hyman

It's a new retail model, part of Honeywell's recently introduced "Vision" line.

Travis Jordan

First, Honeywell manufactures stats just for Lowe's and other big box stores.

Second, save some time and aggravation and call a competent HVAC company to install a stat of your choice.

This way you will have a stat that is wired properly the first time. This saves you money. Cause the likely thing to happen is for you to wire the stat wrong and burn up controls in the furnace and cost you money to have them fix that problem, then install the stat anyway.

Then they can set up the stat, to work with your particular equipment. This will insure you are getting the most efficiency that you can out of the system you have.

You will also get a warranty with the new stat if by chance anything goes wrong with in the warranty period. (range 1-5 years)

As they are there, have them service the system to make sure it is running safe and efficiently. (for maximum savings, and most important...you can rest assured you are safe in your little castle)

Have a good day!

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

The last HVAC guy I asked (while he was installing our neighbor's A/C) about getting our system checked out (may not have been done since being installed/upgraded by previous owner about three years ago) said, "If it's working OK, leave it alone."

Perce

On 01/22/05 03:08 pm ~KJPRO~ tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Depending on the system you have, it should be looked at a minimum of once a year.

Sometimes more, sometimes less...I don't know what you actually have.

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

Your advice may be correct for some people, but most of us have the competence to unhook two wires and put them in the right place on the new model. Yes, I do know how to read the instructions. My VCR does not flash

12:00 either.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

So suddenly everybodies unit only has 2 wires?

I don't think so Tim!

~kjpro~ BTW, you would be suprized at the people that can't program a VCR or Stat, let alone hook either of them up correctly!

Reply to
~KJPRO~

Translation: "last hvac guy" installing neighbors unit. "hvac guy" : "Perce, cant you see I working here for a paying customer? Ive got to finish this install and then go on to the next one. I dont have time to answer all your questions or do any free work for you while Im doing work for a paying customer. If you havent had your unit serviced in over 3 years, I know you either dont care about your equipment or you are too cheap to pay for the service".

Yeah Yeah, I know. Oh Bubba, you're so mean. Mean? Maybe. Correct? YES Now, while you can, go find a good service company and sign up with them for a service agreement. Its cheap insurance. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Same thing if you have more wires. You follow the instructions. Tens of thousands of thermostats, many with multiple wires, are successfully changed each year by plain old homeowners. I'm sure a few do screw up, but to make a blanket statement that everyone should call a pro is plain silly.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Real translation: I'm a service guy and don't have any business skills and few social skills and I'm not interested in making you a good customer.

If he was really interested he'd give you a card and ask you to call for an appointment. Or he'd stop over when done to make that appointment. He did not want your business. Maybe he had all he could handle, maybe he was just ignorant.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I wasn't asking him to work for free. My question was not: "How about looking at our system for free while you're here?" It was: "It's probably been two or three years since our system was checked out. Do you think we should get it done?"

Perce

On 01/22/05 06:34 pm Bubba tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Ever talked to ro seen laborors that only care about getting their work completed so they can go home?

Maybe you just talked to one that day?

Maybe the boss of the company would care more about service than this one tech? (I would)

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

I gave him 'my advice' your's may differ. So be it, but my advice comes from a true professional that is in this trade.

I also see a lot of damage do to H-Owners that tried it themselves! Some are very dangerous situations!

I also have no idea of the type of system he has and where he is located to give him further recommendations.

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

Dont be such a din-wit, Edwhiney. The guy was most likely a working stiff humping for a paycheck. Prob didnt give a shit. When the paycheck runs out, so does he. Off to the next place. If he was a salesman, he wouldnt be installing. Dont be so freakin stupid. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

and you found out exactly what that guy thought/or cared? Find another guy in that company or find another company. Either way, its a smart idea to have your equipment serviced yearly, just like most other mechanical things that seem to break at the most inopertune times. Now.......go get it done. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Re Thermostats-Choose a manufacturer that supplies online schematics et

to save later heartache. I just purchased the Honeywill 7500 ($100) fo the used heat pump I just installed. Unforturneately, the owners guid omits pages 21 to 45, apparently the "configure installer setup". After a call to Honewell 800-no one available no 24hr per message (Saturday) and reviewing their web site, no info available fo specific wiring questions. I forgot that I had another Honeywell o the shelf and had previously tried to locate online info for wirin with no success. I will not purchase another Honewell until custome support will release enough info for the do it yourself group t fullfill their ambitions. Note: I am installing a new system (used) and therefore am not able t label the wires removed from the old thermostat which generally make life easier if doing like for like! Be aware that you must read th thermostat package labels to determine the ultimate use-may work for furnace, strips etc but not a heat pump or even differentiate a singl state and two stage heat pump. Often reading the wiring schemati inside the door of the heating unit(with power off) one can determin the correct wiring in combo with the thermostat owners guide. Th learning curve is considerable but I find the reward to be significan knowing that with a little (or a lot) of effort we can accomplis anything! Note: try

Good luck and thanks to those with the knowledge they share to hel others to be successfull in their endeavors!

Edwin Pawlowski Wrote:

-- justdoit

Reply to
justdoit