honda lawnmower

I have Honda lawnmower,model hrm 215,just recently bought new blades for it,it has 2 blades a upper & lower,as far as I can see they only fit one way.The blades spin clockwise,but when I mount the blades the cutting edge are facing to the rear (which would make them counter clockwise)I would think that the sharp edge would be spinning clockwise,what am I missing something here,or am I just too dumb,it's mulching mower.

Reply to
pacca

My Honda mulcher (HRX217HXA) also uses the double blade. It turns CCW when viewed from the bottom. I would expect that all Hondas turn the same way, but I'm no repair tech.

For sure, the sharp edges need to be on the leading edge.

Wait until tomorrow. Then take a second look.

Reply to
Bryce

I need to get a life...

I just "ran" out to my garage and checked my Honda HRB216HXA on which I recently removed the blades for sharpening. I likewise learned that they install in only one way. (Thank God.)

Indeed, the whole assembly turns counter-clockwise with the sharp edge forward.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs