Homeowner complains...

Found this on another newsgroup and though some may wish to comment.

Guy has problem with log-lighter installation and check what he found out about his baseboards.

HeyBub

This proves, NEVER buy a home or sign a contract with a builder that prohibits you to be on the job site during construction, any time you want. If they prohibit it for "insurance reasons", they probably really are just hiding shoddy materials.

Reply to
RickH

These kinds of horror stories are just one of the reasons we scrapped our plans to find land and build our "dream house". I'm much happier building an addition on our 200-year-old house to turn it into the "dream house". I work at home, so it will be just about impossible for me to not notice if something isn't right while they're building.

Reply to
<h>

They should be held accountable for a danger like that.

OTOH, the baseboards are probably MDF and suitable for what they do.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My son has a Heat-a-lator type fireplace in 25 year old home he bought 5 years ago. We had noted hole in chimney pipe on roof and urged him to call our fireplace guy. Turns out hole was in furnace pipe but inspection of his fireplace showed complete lack of ceramic or insulation backing. A building inspection before he bought the home did not disclose this. I think he&#39;s seeking compensation from them. Lucky the house never caught fire.

Frank

Reply to
Frank