Home Depot the best way to redo a kitchen?

Our landlord has agreed to let us upgrade our kitchen - probably hasn't been done for twenty five years. He says we can spend "at about the Home Depot level". Anybody got ideas on how we can get more bang for our buck than Home Depot? And if Home Depot is the way to go, what should we be looking for in - a stove, frig, cabinets and floor covering?

Thanks so much for any ideas.

Mike

Reply to
raghub

I just ordered my cabinets from Kitchen Savers in Bridgewater Mass. I worked out the numbers for the cheapest cabinets at Lowes with the same arrangement of cabinets. Lowes came out about $400 more. The selection, service and quality at Kitchen Savers was much better than Lowes. I didnt even go through the process at HD because they wanted me to pay someone $60 to come out and measure the kitchen for me before they would start to work out a plan.

Cabinets worked out to $3,300 and I'll install them myself.

Steve

Reply to
steve

I think you need to get a number from the Landlord about how much he's going to spend. I went to Home Depot for a quote and their not cheap. It really depends on what you want. Pressboard vs. Plywood etc. etc.

Would I recommend new appliances???? Sure. New floor? Why the hell not! Its going to improve the value of the landlords home!

Please remember that HD and Lowes does NOT include any installation charges.

Get a number of what you can spend, take the measurements of the place you got in detail with windows, doors, enterances etc. You'll get a very realistic price of what its going to cost.

If the guy basically doesnt want to spend ANYTHING them another cheap place to get cabinets would be IKEA.

Who's going to install all the stuff? Cabinets, floors, electric, natural gas (if you have it), drywall replairs, etc etc? Labor charges are going to be a big item to deal with. If you are going to do it all I hope you get compensated for it somehow.

Tom

Reply to
tksirius

Thanks to you two for the ideas on this. It is very helpful.

Mike

Reply to
raghub