Hijacked

I clicked on a thread "cordless drill not working" and got a lot of mindless drivel about social issues and smoking vs. non-smoking. I wonder if anyone here ever heard of Netiquette, and more precisely, "Hijacking a thread". It's a shame some people have to waste their time scrolling through numerous useless messages, trying to get some help. Just vetting. Thanks for listening.

Reply to
Ed Mc

Ed, thank you for your comment. We have investigated the thread you referenced, and we can verify that there is indeed a lapse of content unrelated to the legitimate home repair topic.

At this time, content enforcers have been sent to interview several of the authors, and I can assure you that all steps will be taken to assure that this never happens again.

Again, thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.

Jon Danniken Usenet Authority #876

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Ed Mc wrote in news:hmtotl$8kt$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

But wait! There's More!!

It's the Internet/usenet. Deal.

Oh, I thought that was the purpose of NG's...???

Reply to
Red Green

You posted this to the wrong newsgroup. You need to go to alt.home.snivel.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Beware of us agent provocateurs, we will set you up to make you violate the rules so we can take you down.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

=3D=3D "Hijacking a thread" is common operating procedure for UseNet...just read backwards until you get to the original subject. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

Ya, love Vetting, I have a Vette, my brother has a Vette. We drive to the monthly Vette club meeting and swap Vette stories. Anybody else drive a Vette? Huh, wa, oh, that's not what you meant? oh, that is what you meant. Mike

Reply to
amdx

I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks to the misleading subject line, I was unaware of the smoking discussion.

I've traced the problem back to the OP. If he didn't know what the thread was supposed to be about, he should not have posted.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:hmu4vi$kvb $ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

They just busted down my door. I've been sentenced to lose my Johnson at the public square for all to see.

Reply to
Red Green

Lets hijack this thread and turn it into a car thread! Vettes suck, AC Cobra all the way! ROTFLMAO

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Will someone please post the pictures on YouTube for those of us that can't make the event...

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Oh, gosh, that's wild. I have driven Chevrolet for a lot of years. I don't want to get Onstar, and have someone else make all my decisions for me. "Oh, should I stop and go pee? I'd better press my blue button!"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've said much the same thing, several times. No one appears to pay much attention to me, either.

Outdoors, I've smelled a lit cigarette within a minute, at over 100 feet, on a calm day.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I hope these Usenet Violators are sent to one of the usenet concentration camps to be beaten and tortured, and later they face the firing squad. According to the authorities, there will be at least one of these camps in every state in the USA, as well as other countries by July of 2010. It's about time!

Reply to
usenet_member82098864

If you read the subject line, it clearly shows that part of the thread that continues on about smoking. You don't have to waste your time reading anything, or waste space with YOUR useless message.

Reply to
norminn

Whew! Finally! Something else to do other than read Usenet drivel :o)

Reply to
norminn

I think Obama wants to send them to Thompson Illinois.

Reply to
krw

You raise a good point here. I was thinking just yesterday about the pros and cons of legal abortion, of federalism versus a strong central government versus a weak central government with strong state governments.

Also the state of international law, self-reliance, unwed mothers, vaccination scares, and genetic testing.

And of course, how all of these relate to home repair.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion, so come on y'all. Join in.

Reply to
mm

Sir,

The above mentioned thread was not Hijacked. Closer attention demonstrates that the OP found his solution to the drill problem and posted back in the thread.

After that! It is "Katie bar the door".

Sincerely,

Hall Monitor

Reply to
Oren

mm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Even my opinion? Being a smoker, I have an inferior IQ it was said. But at least I'm not dumb enough to say such a thing. My shoes all have TGIF on them as a reminder...that Toes Go In First.

Reply to
Red Green