HF in NJ

Two Harbor Freight stores opening soon in NJ. One is in Brick Township:

The other is in Vineland:

Grand opening in Brick is May 3, don't know about Vineland. I got a flyer in the mail with a 10% coupon, which also applies to sale prices.

WOO HOO!!

Buddy

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in news:dE5de.4573$ snipped-for-privacy@fe12.lga:

That's *not* close to NY city

Reply to
Han

Here's a list of all their store locations:

There are six in NY, but unfortunately (for you, at least), they're all upstate.

B.

Buddy Matlosz

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in news:tx7de.5546$o32.814 @fe09.lga:

Yes. I got the same info. I don't think a 5 hr drive would make things cost effective. Now, visiting my son in Cambridge, MA does get me very close to the Rockler store there ...

Reply to
Han

I'm sorry to hear that. What a shame that good retail space is going to be wasted on third and fourth rate merchandise.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'd think NYC would have some great WW stores. Maybe a little pricey, but...

Reply to
Hax Planx

Thanks for mentioning that. I have never been in a Rocklers, but will be in Cambridge this summer.

Reply to
toller

Are there any other woodworker supply stores near central NJ? I used to go to WoodWorkers Warehouse, until they went bankrupt. Now I am limited to Lowes, HomeDepot, and an occasional machine tool shop.

Thanks, X_HOBBES

Reply to
X_HOBBES

Have you checked the Woodcraft or Western Tool web sites? I'd be really surprised if there isn't a Woodcraft in that area. Western Tool has reopened some WWW stores in MA, and CT, possibly elsewhere. Maybe they've done something in NJ.

There's also Garrett Wade and

in NYC if you're looking for an over the counter source of hand tools.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

As posted in

Ray

I've heard of a place in Mountainside or maybe Union/Springfield... Force tools maybe?

Are you THE X_HOBBES I used to know from Art A?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Now why would FUBU be reading posts on a woodworking newsgroup??? New interests??? No more Ziareeka collections? I thought you only wrote to hacker publications! *Hehehe*

Yes, this is X_HOBBES from the BC Tech Lab. =-)

X_HOBBES

Reply to
X_HOBBES

Central NJ is tough. A good power tool source is Force Machinery in Union on Route 22 westbound lane. No WWWarehouse any more. Closest specialty store is Woodcraft in Allentown PA right off I-78, and the Harbour Freight in Allentown, although I would not call HF "specialty" by any means. The Woodcraft guys in Allentown are always amazed I drive an hour to visit and shop there. I've been to Garrett Wade in NYC on the Avenue of the Americas, its ok, but limited; you're better off with the catalog unless you're in the area, small showroom. I've always thought about doing a Woodcraft franchise, but the cost to get started is steep, I'm told.

X_HOBBES wrote:

Reply to
Mutt

Dufu.... DUFU... FUBU is an urban apparel company I think...

Check out my links below... That is what I do these days. I gave up on corporate America man... You need to drill LOTS of holes anytime soon? eMail me privately going forward. No need to bore all these folks with our useless ramblings...

Hacker??? You must have me confused with another person.

As far as Ziareeka goes... I've downgraded my car audio to a tape player... So no... Looking for a new car rather than a new radio.

There can be only one! Still building that canoe table?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

Joe AutoDrill

Junior

Reply to
Junior

The Woodcraft Supply in Wilmington, DE is another good choice. Its about

1.5 hours from Monmouth Cty. The advantage there is NO SALES TAX. Depending on what you buy it could definitely be worth the trip for that alone.

Tom Puskar Howell, NJ

Reply to
Tom Puskar