Help with desk!

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 00:44:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"

Glue the top of the mouse tray to the bottom of the keyboard tray - permanently - no adjustment. That "snot" will fill a pretty good gap and still hold tight.

Okay. Thanks!
On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 03:19:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"

You'll just have to do without the tray. This is why I avoid keyboard/mouse trays. Most are junk and poorly designed. That besides the bad ergonomics. Even the ones on most of the commercial office desks, which is where I learned to avoid them. Better off with a sturdy table for a computer or big old "traditional" desk. You found out the hard way.

Thanks! Yeah. Bro and SIL are both programmers. They don't use the trays.
On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 22:05:03 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"
Likely bought online - cheaper than buying from a "real " store ----. Yup - but no support. There's a "gotcha" every time.

Not cheaper. I just didn't want a wooden desk. I had my eye on this one for a long time. And yes, bought online because I couldn't find it anywhere else and I wanted it delivered.
On 2014-02-13 5:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

But, but, but... wood.
Julie,
Didn't read your whole post, it's too long. Here's your first problem. When you tighten some screws firmly they block part of thj mechanism. Everything works ok when the screws are slightly slack but they then work loose. Ok, the screws area little too long. Take out the screw and head to the hardware store. Buy a shorter screw. Now find some washers that fit your screw. Now head home. Try the shorter screws. Fixed? If not take the old screws and put a washer or two on them and try them. Fixed? If not we head back to the store and buy Loctite thread cement. Get the Blue one, it's medium strength. Use the glue on the threads and reassemble. When the glue dries it should prevent the screws from slackening. So, what's the next problem?
Dave M.

Thanks! But that's one problem I think I have fixed. Next problem is the broken mouse pullout but I'm not going to type it all out again.
Julie,
If it's not worth your time then it's not worth mine.
Dave M.

I already typed it out once.
On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 19:31:21 -0800, "Julie Bove"

<snipped problem description>

From the problems you have had, the numerous fixes you've tried that have failed, other recommendations that have been offered that for whatever reason, in your opinion, won't work it's time to resign yourself to the fact that your desk is a piece of crap. Get rid of it and buy something of higher quality. You'll be glad you did.

Not an option.

help. I