Help: Sink Water Hot, Shower Water Not

Hi, Beginning two days ago, my shower hot water supply does not get nearly as hot as it used to. The sinks around the house seem be the same as they always have (nice and hot), it's jsut the bathroom shower that seems to have cooled down.

The shower in question happens to be at the opposite end of the house from the water heater, and I keep the water tank temperature pretty high. Any idea what may have caused the sudden reduction in hot water temperature?

Thanks in advance.

** If you want to send me e-mail, remove the NOSPAM from my address **
Reply to
russ

If it's a new development (as you say) and the other hot taps in the same bath are still hot, it's not the supply to the branch point but after -- therefore, it's almost certainly a failure in the metering valve or, if it's a fairly new control, the automagic temperature/anti- scald mechanism.

Alternatively, I guess there's a possibility of a flow restriction in the last section of piping that supplies that particular shower, but it would be way down on my lest of likely causes...

Reply to
dpb

Actually, it could be a simple as a loose handle not turning the control valve the full distance...

Reply to
dpb