HELP! Need Opinion On Tile Layout In Bath/Shower Alcove!

HELP!! I need a professional opinion on how to layout the tiles in a whirlpool/shower alcove. I installed a 32" wide whirlpool in an alcove that's exactly 32-1/2" deep. When the 32"x60" tub is in place there's 1/2" of wall between the edge of the tub and the edge (corner) of the alcove wall. I will be installing a glass sliding shower door on top of the outside rim of the whirlpool tub with the metal ends screwed to the wall.

How do I tile this?

  1. Do I place the tiles starting inline exactly with the outside edge of the tub with a 1/2" of bare wall showing? Then mount the shower door on top of the tub rim and screwed through the tile to the wall in the alcove?

  1. Do I place the tiles starting at the very edge of alcove wall with 1/2" slivers of tiles below the rim of the tub? I would have whole tiles above the rim of the tub and 1/2" sliver tiles below the rim between the edge of the tub and alcove corner. Then mount the shower door on top of the tub rim and screwed through the tile to the wall in the alcove?

  2. Should the shower door mount directly on the bare wall with the tiles cut around the metal ends of the shower door that mount to the wall?
Reply to
Jim

Throw some good pics up on a web site that depict what you're attempting to describe and I'll help you.

Reply to
G Henslee