HELP my toilet splashes back at me now!

someone broke the bowl!

-------------------------------------

hey all, the other day there was a water main break down the road from us. So we were without water for 8 hours. my wife flushed the toilet before the water main was fixed. after she flushed there was alot of air shotting into the bowl. I ran upstairs and turned the incoming water vavle off under the toilet. No biggie I figure, when the water comes back on i will just turn the valve back on. Well the water comes back on and i turn the valve on, and it hisses and sputters, and fills back up. I flush the toilet, and now instead of just going down the drain, the water somehow, splashes back up at us, and does not go down all the way. (if that makes sense) please help. this is a fairly new toilet(2 months old) and has worked fine since it was installed. it is a Kohler cimmaron class 5. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance. Frank

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 323097 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
frank1890

is this working? someone broke the bowl!

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 323097 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
frank1890

frank1890_at_juno_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (frank1890) wrote in news:49174bbb$0$4508 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

Looks good to me but get a second opinion.

Reply to
Red Green

I don't know if this will help, but...

My basement toilet was bubbling and splashing back at me, but wasn't during a flush of that toilet, it was usually when the upstairs toilet was flushed.

It turned out to be a partial blockage of the drain under the front lawn. Water would rush down the drain, hit the blockage and "bounce" back, pushing the air behind it back into the house.

Maybe you have a drainage issue unrelated to the water main work, or maybe the break caused a problem with the sewer pipes also.

Reply to
DerbyDad03