HELP: How to re-adhere concrete section of pool edge

Greetings all!

We have a pool with cantilevered coping, and the way it was constructed involved some forms to create the basic edge, but then the edge of the coping was "mudded" to produce a naturalistic rock-like edge to the pool. There are a couple sections of concrete mud" (probably like 6 inches long by an inch or two high) where the "mud" didn't adhere well

-- these areas basically appear to be a sliver of concrete which is cracking off from the main body of the mudded finish work. I sort of think of it like a scab which is kind of pulling off from the healthy flesh, and which will eventually drop off (sorry if the analogy disturbs the spectacularly weak of constitution).

These bits will eventually fall off. One option might be to pull them off now and re-adhere them with some product which adheres well under wet, and chlorinated, conditions. However, I'd prefer to glue them firmly into place without having to take them off first. The tiny crack at the edge of the sliver ("scab") is pretty tiny, so it would be difficult to neatly squrit a thick epoxy into the crack...something more like a low-viscosity "super-glue" would be more appropriate, I think.

So my main question is this: Is there some very low viscosity adherent (suitable for chlorinated pool applications) I can squirt into the edge of this concrete sliver to firmly reconnect it to the main concrete? (grey/brown-ish color when dry would be ideal).

Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated!

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Concrete in outdoor, wet-dry conditions is extraordinarily difficult to deal with. The only proven adhesive I know of is epoxy.

You could take a shot with Gorilla Glue. They do advertise that it will work on outdoor masonery.

You won't like the viscosity of either but you won't like lower viscosity glues delaminating after a year or so. Wet concrete is tough.

Jason

Reply to
jazon48