Help finding replacement bulbs for 80 year old doll house

Heck, those HF meters are so inexpensive, the things can be hacked into nice little panel meters for electronics projects. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yep, they've got a million and one uses. I spent $20 on a 12VDC panel meter to install on my Dad's powerchair but I would have been much better off just hacking an HF meter. The damn panel meter didn't even have a backlight.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

What was it Rumsfeld was so fond of saying? You go to war with what you've got. Same here!

I agree a measurement might be nice, but just seeing how bright or dim the replacement bulbs that Jennifer has bought will give us a good idea of the voltage. If they're super bright they probably should be replaced by something with a higher voltage rating unless Ms. Murphy wants to help her young friend learn about firefighting techniques.

I hope she will return for "final report" - all of the bickering and side-tracking might have scared her off. )-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Not really relevant, but I once found an electrc wheel chair in the trash at the apartment building nearby. Not the little go-carts for seniors but the most expensive medical kind, and with at least one special attachment. As well as the overhanging bar that some people use to sit up in bed, or get out of bed.

An acquaintance who used to be in the business came over and told me it was worth iirc about 1000 dollars. By far the most expensive thing I've ever rescued. He told me who to call and I gave both things to the MD or MS society. They sent someone to get it.

When I found it, the battery was all charged and I kept tripping on it when I tried to walk behind it, so the only way to get it home was to ride it.

I bately knew the guy it must have belonged to. He woudl sit outside during nice weather and there was sometimes another guy in a wheelchair who was there too. And I would wave as I drove by. That's "barely" all right.

I suspect he died, and the apartment custodians just threw it away, instead of trying to give it to someone who needed it.

Reply to
micky

I want to thank everyone who offered helpful suggestions and advice. I got started too late to get the dollhouse lights working so I just finished fixing up the house itself. It was a big hit on Christmas morning. When I get some time, I'll finish the lights. My plan is to replace the transformer with a battery pack and use LED lights. I'll probably have to replace the four toggle switches.

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy