Heil keep right on running

I'm working (again) on a Heil. It's about 80K, upflow model. Older one, a 70 or 80 percenter.

Customer's complaint, keeps on running. House gets hot, and they have to turn it off at the swtich on the side of the furnace.

He's changed the you-know-what a couple times. I pulled a wire for the YKW.

So, the fellow called me, and it's running right along. Wants to know if he should change the YKW again. No, don't do that.

Last time it happened, I got him to call me right over. I pulled the main cover, and tapped ont he box with the electric. Went right out. Aha! Relay isn't releasing. Replace the relay.

And a couple weeks later, it's happening again. What's the odds of a bad relay a couple months later? Not all that much.

what's the next couple things to check? Sticky gas valve would cause that problem. Any other common problems?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
[snip]

So, should we flame your butt off for posting an alt.hvac question in a "consumer" group? After all, turn about's fair play...

Reply to
Ed Clarke

Yeah, you working on it...

Reply to
HeatMan

Flame away. He posts here because the alt.hvac people know he's an idiot.

Reply to
HeatMan

Only if you can document that I, personally, have flamed anyone on the HVAC group. I'm one of the most polite people on that group.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Flaming is one thing.

Not knowing what you're talking about is another...

Reply to
HeatMan

Hey, I typed an answer to your comment. And then seconds later, I remember something more profound.

There was a very drunken man on a public bus. A very fat, and ugly woman said with a sneer "You're drunk!".

The man replied "you're fat and ugly!"

The lady repeated "you're drunk".

The man repeated "you're fat and ugly".

The lady repeated.

The man returned with a big smile "But I'll be sober in the morning!".

My answer to you is that I will learn how to fix Heils.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll agree with that. Education and explaination work on one of them. The other one is usually incurable, except for the healing salve of the Gospel of Christ.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe you ought to learn who Jesus Christ is...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

I doubt that!!!

Shit snipped!!

He can't, his eyes are glued shut!!

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

This is Turtle.

Not a chance. Jesus requires you to listen and understand !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Cough....you are one of the most ignorant people in the world

Reply to
steve

Back from the customer's house. The furnace runs great by removing or replacing the heat wire. Lights up, and goes right out. So, the conclusion is either bad wire, or bad T-stat. I pulled the wire myself, and checked that. Not shorted. Conclusion is that the YKW is defective.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

idiot

Reply to
steve

Hi Stormin, hope you are having a nice day

On 09-Oct-04 At About 15:27:09, Stormin Mormon wrote to All Subject: Re: Heil keep right on running

SM> From: "Stormin Mormon"

SM> Back from the customer's house. The furnace runs great by removing or SM> replacing the heat wire. Lights up, and goes right out. So, the SM> conclusion is either bad wire, or bad T-stat. I pulled the wire SM> myself, and checked that. Not shorted. Conclusion is that the YKW is SM> defective.

Of course it isn't shorted. can you tell me how I know this? you really shouldn't mess with things you don't know about.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

Hi Steve@carolinabreezehvac, hope you are having a nice day

On 09-Oct-04 At About 07:31:43, Steve@carolinabreezehvac wrote to All Subject: Re: Heil keep right on running

S> From: "Steve@carolinabreezehvac" S>

S> idiot

S> "Stormin Mormon" wrote in S> message news:xQX9d.291176$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com... >> Back from the customer's house. The furnace runs great by removing or >> replacing the heat wire. Lights up, and goes right out. So, the >> conclusion is either bad wire, or bad T-stat. I pulled the wire >> myself, and checked that. Not shorted. Conclusion is that the YKW is >> defective.

you can say that again. one day this guy is gonna hurt someone.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2