Heating element for Black&Decker

I have a used Black&Decker 3/8" Electric Drill. The drill itself works fine but the chuck broke. The heating elements in this drill are in perfect condition. I know this for fact because even with the broken chuck, this drill still functions perfectly as a hand warmer in cold weather. I'll sell you this drill AS-IS for $20 plus shipping. I doubt you can get your element that cheap, even if you can find one.

Send me private email if interested.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerlucas

Hi,

Have a "just out of warranty" toaster oven: Black&DeckerTRO5900CT. It has 4 identical heating elements. One is gone. They are 12" and are straight.

Has anyone heard of a source for these? The are welded to wires, so it appears they are not meant to be replaced, but it's easy for me to do, if I can find one. Hate to toss and otherwise good appliance.

Regards,

RichK

Reply to
RichK

We are a throwaway culture. Our next generations will have to figure out how to repair the landfills. They might not speak kindly of us.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Didn't know B&D mad ANY good appliance or tool.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

From a similar toaster.

The trash, or:

Buy a similar or identical one, and when it breaks, you'll have at least 3 good elements to repair the current one.

Reply to
mm

You're just not old enough. Was a fine company years ago.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Call B&D. "It's a bit less than a year old..."

They will tell you to cut off the plug and send it to them. When they get the plug, they'll send you a new oven.

I've done this three times with the B&D Spacemaker coffee pot. Finally sold on eBay the last one they sent and got a Mr Coffee ($9.89 at WalMart) and a appliance timer ($6.59 at Radiio Shack).

Reply to
HeyBub

I sometimes buy two or three of something. Once they all die I start using parts from the others to keep one going. Funny old world.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

My very first electric drill is a B&D and still works fine - dated 1963. It did have a factory overhaul in the '70s, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My first electric drill was a Skil 3/8" single speed model that I bought in the Navy Exchange in Norfolk VA just before ending my enlistment in 1967. I built an SCR speed controller for it a few months later from a construction article in Popular Electronics magazine. Both still work flawlessly. It has outlasted four B&D variable speed drills.

You're absolutely right, though, in that B&D is no longer the manufacturer they once were, but for that matter, neither is Skil. Hang onto your old tools... they don't make 'em like they used to.

Reply to
DaveM

But ISTR that first drill costing a week's wages. You can buy one for less than an hour's now.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're right.

10 or 20 years ago, I heard that the most sold power tool in the US was a sabre saw. Why not a drill? Because everyone had a drill.
Reply to
mm

Heh heh. Now that's a poor B&D product by all reports - their sabre saw.

The last B&D thing I bought was a fairly expensive router. Not top of the range, price wise, but not cheap either. Previously a Tradesman drill and circular saw which are still excellent.

The router packed up with a seized bearing after not that much use but out of warrenty. The plastic cooling fan had melted. The fan is part of the armature...

No more B&D for me.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I remember an instructor saying:

"It is estimated that over a million quarter-inch drill bits are sold in this country every year. Interestingly, not one buyer WANTED a quarter-inch drill bit!

"What every single buyer wanted was a quarter-inch HOLE!"

The instructor was teaching the Dale Carniege Sales Course.

Reply to
HeyBub

If they really wanted 1/4" holes, they also needed a good micrometer to make sure the drills were actually 1/4".

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell