Heat Surge

Maybe someday I can visit that area, it sounds nice.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

North Western Ohio is what I'm familiar with. Not the least touristy. One family had a store next to his home, the rest would just sell on the fly.

Mostly farmers, some kids would go off to work for others.

Some families did relatively well but mostly little money.

I had a friend who connected with them because he was looking for raw milk and would visit often. One year I brought everyone gloves (a lot of gloves) and socks. Those were some happy kids! Big Lots had some half sized kerosene lamps which I also brought, the small kids took right to them. Used to also bring AA batteries when I got them on sale.

I'm 700 miles away now and haven't seen them for a few years. I got to know some of them quite well. We always had something to talk about.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

This guy is a sock puppet.