Heat Pump question

Renter finally tells my sister last night they have had no a/c for the past two weeks. Cannot get the hvac guys until Wed. Sister goes over there, they have the thermostat set to Off. Said so kids wouldn't mess with it trying to get cold air.

Sister sets it, seems to be working, goes back 3 hours later, and its hotter in house. I check the outside unit, press Restart. It starts up. The fans just don't get much speed, it sounds like its trying to get going. Then stops. Tried reset again about 10 min later, same result.

Is this a bad fan moter (if such a thing), compressor? Just trying to prepare for the repair bill.

Thanks.

Reply to
bizee

Sounds like a condenser fan motor problem. Could be just the start capacitor. Mine cost about $30 and I replaced it myself. That was 3 years ago.

Reply to
JimL

Apparently. - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Just off the top of my head, the fan needs lubrication and a capacitor. Figure about $153.41 for the repair bill.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe in your area. The COL in their area could be higher or lower.

And YOU talk about trolls....

Reply to
HeatMan