heat pump condenser vibration-noise problem for my neighbor

Can you help me? I have a 2 1/2 ton rooftop GE heat pump condenser that is vibrating and causing noise in my neighbors bedroom which is just below the condenser. I live in a condo. To stop the vibration noise, I have been told to put the condenser on

4" x 4" wood planks. Also, I have been told to install spring type isometric pads. No one will guarantee that either will work. Any comments or suggestions? The GE condenser is 23 years old and works just fine for heating and for air conditioning. Thanks Mel
Reply to
swellmel

Wood is a good conductor of sound (which is why music boxes have wooden boxes).

I'd think more towards springs and rubber.

Reply to
alt-hvac Moderated

this is Turtle.

i would have a service company look at it and see what the vibration is coming from.

Now a lot of the old G/E condenser will have a fan blade start to split and cause it to vibrate a good bite. Look at the blade for Vibration for a shot in the dark.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE