hardwood on concrete slab

Why can't hardwood be glued to concrete?

Laminate flooring is thinner than hardwood and you can glue it.

Reply to
Nomorealcohol

Laminate flooring is floating above the concrete slab on a thin layer of combination moisture/noise barrier. I didn't know any type of flooring gets glued to the concrete.

Reply to
badgolferman

MAny types of floring are glued to concrete slabs. Wood being one of them

Reply to
Lou W

Not a question of thickness, but of moisture coming from the slab. With a barrier, engineered woods can be put down. They are a plywood system that has less shrinking and expansion that regular wood flooring. Laminates are plastics and have less yet and less of a problem with moisture. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You're stupid. Change your name to "lousyhomerepairadvisorman"

Reply to
Miles Long

Okay, thanks for pointing out my ignorance. Besides tile and vinyl I didn't think wood gets glued to concrete. I thought there is some sort of plywood material you nail the hardwood floor to.

Reply to
badgolferman

Hey, M R, what's your freakin' problem?!?

Reply to
Bruno