Hardwood Floor Installation: Time of the Year

Just talked to on hardwood guy and he said now (April) is the good time to install wood. Because here in Calgary Alberta, we have very dry air in the winter. And if I wait until mid summer to do it, the gaps in winter will be larger.

So now the air is still fairly dry, it will be better to do it now than summer.

What he said kind of make sense to me but if that's true, what about people installing hardwood flooring in the driest months of the winter, wouldn't the floor all buckle during mid summer?

He also said to use narrower stripe like 2 1/4" so that the contraction and expansion are smaller.

Do you think what he said makes sense? Thanks.

Reply to
nospam