gutter downspout adapters

What, you got water spewing out? Tom

Reply to
tom

I have seen PVC adaptors. Maybe you can use some of that plastic lead to attach the pvc to the cast iron.

Reply to
maradcliff

While we are talking gutters (previous posting). These new ones I just had done do not have downspout adapters. Aluminum downspout to the cast-iron storm drain tile. In the old days I would just stuff a little newspaper, then cement the gap and forget about it. Now-a-days they have all these adapters and covers. Is it worth removing 6 newly attached downspouts to add the adapters? Is there a different material like duck seal to shove in the gap? Or go back to the old stand-by, cement?

Thanks TP

Reply to
TP

Yea, I'm with Tom. Why the sudden urge to make works and spend money - got too much of that?? You know what worked before so what the heck. Adapters? Adapters??? You don't need no stiiiinking adapters, man!!

Reply to
C & M

I stuffed a chunk of old rope in mine. Its worked fine for 15 years.

Reply to
Pat

No water spewing out,,,LOL. Just a gap from the 2x3 downspout in approx. 4 dia. cast iron hub. I usually fill the gap to prevent anything crawling in or out. Or to just make sure nothing falls in to plug the pipe. Rope sounds good (oakum?).

Reply to
TP