Groundhog Problem

We have a groundhog under back porch - dug a *huge* hole and apparently has made its way inside the stone foundation. Any suggestions for catching/killing it? I've done a little research on the Internet about trapping it, but it sounds like we've got a slim to none chance of doing that, which is why I'm asking about a more permanent solution. We live in town, so "shoot it" won't work......

Thanks, Nicole

Reply to
Nicole Thompson

You've done the wrong research. Get thee to Blockbuster and get "Caddy Shack". This time, pay attention to Bill Murray, not Rodney Dangerfield.

This is my roundabout way of saying "I don't know". :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

put a cheap radio in a plastic bag put it into the hole, set to Rap music, it would make me move

Reply to
m Ransley

Medium size cross bow..... no noise, less distance, if you can see the hole but something down there he doesn't like some sort of chemical...bleach?

Terry

Reply to
Terry Cano

A dog will really go after them. Or a pest fogger thrown in a hole will drive out a lot of small animals without killing them.

Bob

Reply to
rck

I had the same problem with 2 groundhogs. I trapped them in a Have-a-heart trap and released them into a preserve area (water company property). You maybe able to borrow a trap from your local humane society. If you have skunks in your area it may be wise to connect a release rope to the trap or to arm it only during the day.

Reply to
tomcas