Ground bees

wait till drk, pour a couple quarts of gasoline in the holes then cover the holes with dirt use a gallon if you want... fumes will kill them.this has never failed to work for me.lucas

ds549

(snip)

Hey, they started it! :^/

Not disagreeing with you in principle. But when they attack me when I'm mowing the lawn (multiple stings, hurt like hell for over a day), and when skunks or whatever leave big holes in lawn from digging up the hives for the honey, well, yeah, they gotta go. There is plenty of non-groomed land within a one-mile circle, where they can nest away unmolested. They are even welcome to the far corner of the backyard, where I pile the branches and leaves and such, to create a good spot for the rabbits and such to make burrows over the winter.

aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

Thanks for the replies.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't be concerned and would just let them be. But the problem is that I am installing a new heating system and I have to work on that side of the house for several days to modify the chimney, and install a set of propane tanks and a gas line. The bees feel threatened when I am working anywhere near the area, and start to become more aggressive. I have already been stung a couple of times, and it makes working over there very difficult. If I can narrow the entrance down to just one or two earas, I will try the glass bowl idea.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

Reply to
PW

Close, but no cigar! SERIN is the nerve gas.

Reply to
willshak

Closer, but still not quite there...

"Sarin"

Reply to
dpb

OK, but I think I get SEVEN chances to get it right. :-) I know I can dismiss SARAN.

Reply to
willshak

Only if you can do w/o the wrap... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

No, that's "Sarin".

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

OK, I found out that I was right the first time. SERIN is a small yellow and grayish Old World finch (/Serinus serinus/ of the family Fringillidae) that is related to the canary, whose protection when endangered, is a fart that affects the nerves of the attacker. True. I read it on the internet. :-)

Reply to
willshak

I had a wasp nest outside my front door a few years ago. I left it there to discourage solicitors, and it worked pretty well.

Reply to
BZ

Sad part is they could of intentionally stuck their finger on the nest and got stung and probably be on the winning side of a lawsuit since you knew it was there.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

He didn't say it had wasps in it.

Reply to
willshak

That would be a tough one for them to win because they were not invited.

Not a lawyer, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Then I'd buy their product, somehow manage to get it stuck in my ear, and sue them right back. ;-)

Reply to
BZ

Final solution for me was Sevin dust. I found an old turkey baster laying around. Filled it about 1/2 way then stuck the tube into the nest hole and delivered the product. No activity after 48 hours.

Reply to
Jim