Gravity loop

I put in a gravity loop on my kitchen faucet and it works great. I have one problem though, and I don't know if it is associated with the loop. I have a water boss water softener. When I use the dishwasher or washing machine, I seem to run out of soft water. I do not have a check valve on the return line to the heater. Could this be the reason for running out of soft water?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 354251 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
mkonen