grate

I wanna fix couple things at home (seems like it's a never ending saga)

1) I have a cooktop (as oppose to gas range) which works decent but it's old and paint is coming off and has plenty of stain. I don't want to replace it because then my wife wants to get a matching oven. So I was thinking to paint the top surface and 4 grates (I can't get the same grate from manufacturing since they are obsolete). I cleaned grates with Ammonia but they still don't look good.

I searched home depot for metal spray paint but all paints were for cold surface. Is there any paint out there that I can use to pain top of cooktop and grates which gets pretty hot?

2) I wanted to paint/stain my kitchen cabinets. A few of the cabinet door have a heavy stain. Should I resurface them with glass paper and then stain them, would that work?

I would really appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you, Steve

Reply to
martstev

What is "glass paper"?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

There are paints for automobile exhaust systems. I would think that those would work. Check your local automotive supply house.

Reply to
professorpaul

  1. Another common term for sandpaper

  1. More specifically, a form of sandpaper that uses an abrasive grit made from quartz

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

BBQ paint or wood stove / chimney pipe paint? You won't have much choice of colors with these I think they are all coal black. I think I have seen the BBQ paint at HD/Lowes in the BBQ section. Try automotive store for engine block paint. ...Wait a quick google search [high temp paint] came up with this:

Kevin Ricks