go solar shingle

Is it true these work no better than a layer of saltine crackers?

micky

What leads you to ask that?

Reply to
Bob F

Just wanted to get your attention. Is this style of solar panels good? It looks like it has advantages, like lighter, easier mounting, and ability to fill more sizes of space. OTOH, I never saw it before.

Reply to
micky

It is just a different form of packaging. You would have to look at the specs for the product. Why don't you try doing that?

Reply to
Bob F

Would the specs tell me, "It is just a different form of packaging"? I'd rather discuszs it here.

Reply to
micky

I've said before but no one reads all the posts, so let me say again, I don't expect anyone to do any research. I expect them to answer from what they already know. (Or of course, not answer at all.)

Except that you misunderstand why I post and what sort of answer I'm hoping for.

I started in Usenet when the web had far less information, and people just discussed things without looking for supporting webpages or facts from within them. The web is bigger now but the web was never relevant to most of my questions anyhow.

Wow.

Reply to
micky

First glance at this, I thought it really was a product that looked like shingles. Elon Musk had a product that was actually that, looked very much like regular shingles. He even had a partnership with Home Depot. But it appeared to be mostly hype. This was like ten or more years ago, all I ever saw was they were doing some installs in the SF Bay area near their factory and that it was taking a lot of labor, a lot of time to install. Then they were taking heat from investors for false promises and hype. Then I didn't hear anything more.

Reply to
trader_4

Let me add that I spend a lot of time on the Net and I look up lots of things myself without every posting about it here.

When I do post here, it's because I tried and couldn't find an answer, it seems like a good topic for discussion here, and/or it's about home repair that readers here would be interested in.

In this case, I could have just posted the url and I think that's how it would have looked, just as an FYI, not as a request for research help, but that looks so naked, so in each post I added something, the silly comparison with saltines or asking if it had advantages. These were meant to start a discussion.

A discussion not for my actual benefit (except insofar as keeping AHR lively even without politics, which benefits me like everyone else). I'm not gettting solar panels no matter how good they are. I pointed out that these seem lighter. I had in mind that one could do it himself, but not me. I'm way too old for that. ---

Reply to
micky