Good Deal on a Ladder

I saw a TV-piece on how there were only a handful of ladder manufacturers left in the US....and they are slowly closing up shop. At some point not too far off, there will be none.

In the late 90's, my out-of-college job was to transfer manufacturing to low cost countries. I worked (and still do) for Fortune 5 company. My new job within the company is transferring it back here due to the astronomical cost of cleaning up the quality issues these exact same projects produced. We are talking tens-of-millions of dollars of clean up.

Don't worry, it will all come full circle very soon. If you can, buy American.

Oh, and stay out of HD and Loewes. Support your local Industrial/Electrical/Plumbing supply houses.

TC

Reply to
Oceans 2K

That "Made in China" sticker is only an indication that Werner is paying a lot less money for the product than it costs to make it here in the USA; hence the lower selling price. Beyond that, the other implications are just assumptions. Back to my point: I have to believe that Werner knows what they're buying, and if they really don't care that their name is on a product that might have all those supposed quality deficiencies, we should begin to worry about what they're manufacturing in the USA.

Reply to
Martin