GFCI Wall Tap --- Part 2

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 11:22:45 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

when GFCI were new, they were expensive and it was common practice to wire several outlets daisy chained to one GFCI to save money.
Now the GFCI is not expensive so either way is fine.
Nothing to argue about here.
Seems like people on usenet love to argue
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 2:53:28 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You're so smart, why did you need those guys, including an electrical inspector to tell you what to do? And someone here, without even seeing it, could chime in like you did and tell you they were incompetent, because it all could have been done with one GFCI breaker.
I have ONE circuit in my house retrofitted with

And you know this how? You asked him or are you a mind reader? You can put multiple GFCI on the same circuit for CONVENIENCE for one thing. It also greatly helps isolate the problem of what caused the trip. If it were my house, I'd prefer a separate GFCI receptacle at the powder room sink and one that's associated with outside. If one trips, now I know that it might be a hand dryer that someone used vs looking outside for wet receptacles. Sure, you can do it your way, but that doesn't make the alternative ways wrong or something that a inspector is going to look at with a jaundiced eye.
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 12:37:59 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

+1
No way a GFCI breaker, with bathroom outlets on it makes more sense. I don't see any issue with how it was done, other than Clare doesn't like it. I fully complies with code, it leaves a balanced look at the sink mirror and the tub is on a separate GFCI that isn't as easily reset. That's EXACTLY how I would have done it. The cost compared to having everything on one GFCI is about the cost of two additional GFCIs, which is nothing in the cost of a bathroom renovation or even just the cost of having the electrical done.
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 9:46:18 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

It makes sense to me. By having it together with the tub, behind the access panel where the pump is, if it trips, it can't be casually reset by someone at the sink, with that person not even aware that it was a tub fault that tripped it.

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 9:35:02 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

+1
It could have been done with two instead of three, putting the tub on one of the GFCIs by the mirror, still giving the balanced look. But we don't know the other considerations. One might be that if the tub GFCI trips, it's an indication that something serious could be wrong and you don't want someone just casually resetting it at the mirror, not even realizing it's the tub that tripped it. I'd have the tub on a separate, not as readily accessible GFCI for that reason.