Getting the battery out.... >:-<

Dr. Hardcrab

I thought the whole concept of a "dollar store" was that things didn&#39;t cost $3.

Reply to
CJT

I have one of those flashlights. It uses no battery, but a 1 Farad capacitor. Not very bright, but would be nice to keep in the car for emergencies (no dead batteries).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

And Motel 6 was supposed to cost $6/night. Then the war brought inflation... ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

I thought it was $6.66

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

LOL -

Seems no one here has any better ideas than I how to do this... :)

Reply to
Apropos

It&#39;s just that nobody cares.

Find a concrete sidewalk. Take the back off the flashlight. Take the front off the flashlight. Remove the bulb. Slam the butt of the flashlight against the sidewalk until the batteries come out.

(Like a pile-driver, not like a bat)

Reply to
Goedjn

Goedjn wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Then throw it all in the garbage. (after slamming aluminum into concrete,the endcap will not thread on any more.At least you could suggest pounding it on a piece of WOOD)

Best to just send it to the battery manufacturer and have them replace it.

(I also would not use any "advise" from this guy,either!)

Reply to
Jim Yanik