GE Zoneline shower

GE Zoneline Dry Air 25 (AZ25E12D2B) installed fewer than 15 months ago is spewing water droplets into the room.

Trouble began 5 days ago. Seems as though the spinning squirrel-cage blower is generously distributing the water. The sound from the unit is much like a waterfall. The base pan is overflowing with condensate. Though wet, the cold air output into the room is excellent, as is the warm, outside exhaust. Outside drain is clear and open, depositing condensate onto the ground efficiently. Air filters are clean.

My local Zoneline repair facility is perplexed and has no answer to the question, "What has suddenly happened to my Dry Air 25?"

Any attempt to answer the above question would be appreciated.

Al (Houston)

Reply to
Pushkin

Simple answer, "shit happens".

Possibly a plugged or partially plugged condensate drain.

I don't know why a technician looking at it wouldn't be able to find that as a cause... unless you just asked them to diagnose the problem over the phone without them ever being able to actually look into it.

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

I used to sell these for GE. You need a better drainage option for the unit, preferably outside the room and down the wall. Extreme humidity, especially in Houston, will cause these units to generate rivers of condensate in no time flat.

If you are already draining the unit to the outdoors, check the tilt of the drainage pan. It should be slightly angle down and away from the front toward the drain hole in the corner.

Regards, hbchrist

Pushk> GE Zoneline Dry Air 25 (AZ25E12D2B) installed fewer than 15 months ago

Reply to
hugh

Thanks, Hugh.

The Zoneline Dry Air 25 is always dripping condensate from the down-tilted, external housing. This unit is constructed with a base which is a collecting pan, that will drain only by overflow. It is the overflow which I see draining at the rate of about 1.2 liters per hour from the housing.

As an experiment, I siphoned off all of the condensate from the collecting pan. No luck. The water spray continues -- which leads me to conclude that the spray is composed of 'new' condensate, rather than collected condensate. The squirrel-cage blower seems to be broadcasting the water droplets.

One additional observation: there is an irregular squawking noise (much like belt chatter) coming from the vicinity of that blower.

All of this is of recent origin. The Zoneline functioned through all of last summer as well as through this year (until just early this month) without these current symptoms.

Best regards, Al (Houston)

Reply to
Pushkin