GE sidexside will not dispense ice

I have GE side by side model #TFX22GRBB WW On the door is a 3 way switch that slides left and right. The position for water works fine. About 1 month ago the middle position for crushed ice was tricky. I could still get is to give crushed ice if I slided the switch a few millimeters to the right of the center position. At that time, the cubed ice (in the far position was working fine. In the last few days the crushed ice AND now the cubed ice will not dispense. (The water will comes out great.) When I move the switch to one of the ice dispensing positions and push the button, I can hear the soleniod switch and then the motor working. I have taken almost all the ice out of the bin and made sure the auger is free to turn. The metal-u shaped device that turns the auger does not seem to change position after the motor is triggered.

Any suggestion to help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Eric

Reply to
ericmrichards