GE Profile Dryer Sensor Dry

Go to:

and ask there, or Jeff the appliance guy will help you here.

Get a model number though, no one will help you without it.

Also, I've heard that things like dryer sheets build up a layer of gunk on the sensor - find the sensor and clean it with some rubbing alchol.

Reply to
Matt

Everything works except the sensor drying, so I'm using it with just the timer which is OK but I really like the sensor drying as I don't have to guess how long to set the timer for. When I put it on sensor dry it just runs and runs and runs with the gas on just heating and runnng until I shut it off. I had a repair man out to look at it and said it was probably an expensive control card and not worth replacing and suggested that i just use the dryer with the timer until it quits then get a new one. That maybe so if he were to do the work but if I could find the part and change it myself I would save the tech charges.Has anyone here had a similar experience and a solution?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
Yepp

Yupper!!

Yupper!! Scotch-brite pad works well for cleaning the sensor bars as well....the bars are oftne just under the lint filter area on the inside near the clothes.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

When I bought my first dryer, I had the same problem. The service man said that I had not cut the flexible exhaust tube, causing moisture not to escape. After he cut it as short as possible, the problem disappeared. Paul in San Francisco

Reply to
Paul MR

That's true but the symptom, then, is the dryer shuts off early leaving the clothes wet. The gunk keeps the sensors from making contact with the sensors making the controls think there is no moisture so it goes into cool down. Sounds like the tech is right, perhaps.

Reply to
Tom